Nasi Goreng, or Indonesian fried rice, is a delicious and popular dish that is enjoyed by people all over the world. This dish is made with a combination of cooked white rice, meat or seafood, vegetables, and a variety of flavorful seasonings and sauces. The result is a delicious, savory, and satisfying dish that is perfect for any meal of the day.
To make Nasi Goreng, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups of cooked white rice
- 1 pound of meat or seafood (chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, and bell peppers)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon of sambal oelek (Indonesian chili paste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fried shallot, to serve
To start, heat the vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until softened. Then, add the meat or seafood and stir-fry until it is fully cooked. Next, add the mixed vegetables and continue to stir-fry for a few more minutes.
Once the vegetables are tender, add the cooked rice to the pan. Stir-fry the rice for a few minutes to ensure that it is well combined with the other ingredients. Then, add the soy sauce, kecap manis, and sambal oelek to the pan. Stir-fry for an additional minute to ensure that the sauce is well distributed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve, transfer the Nasi Goreng to a serving platter and top with fried shallot. Serve the Nasi Goreng with a side of sliced cucumber and a fried egg (telur mata sapi) for a complete and satisfying meal.
Nasi Goreng is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course, as a side dish, or as a snack. With its combination of flavors and textures, it is sure to be a hit with anyone who tries it.